English Premier League
Graphics as at 14th October 2013. Click to enlarge in a separate tab. Explanations via the menu above.
- Tottenham are currently the most wasteful side in the division – although Stoke and Sunderland aren’t too far behind – but they’re creating a ridiculous number of chances to compensate.
- Liverpool, Arsenal and Man City are the most clinical teams in the division, with the latter the most impressive due to the volume of chances they’re creating.
- Fulham‘s lack of chance creation is even more worrying when you look at where they are on the next graphic…
- As mentioned above, Fulham‘s position here – they’ve had to deal with an extra 7 shots per match compared with the average side – is all the more worrying when you consider that they aren’t creating many chances of their own.
- Southampton‘s defence has been amazingly solid so far – they make Chelsea’s impressive record look almost average.
- Sunderland and Newcastle really need to tighten things up, as do Man City who at least aren’t allowing many attempts at their goal.